oppure accedi con
- Agevolazioni Attive : 2284
- Schede Agevolazioni : 34534
- Utenti Network : 76951
- Articoli : 1309
UNESCO-L’ORÉAL: For Women In Science International Awards 2022 Edition
Rules and regulations "UNESCO-L’ORÉAL: For Women In Science International Awards 2022 Edition" - Life and Environmental Sciences.
Created in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards recognize and support eminent women in science throughout the world. Each year, five Laureates are recognized for their contributions to the advancement of science, in Life and Environmental Sciences or Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science in alternating years.
The 2022 edition of the Awards will designate five outstanding scientific researchers in the field of Life and Environmental Sciences, working in the following regions:
- Africa & the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
One candidate will be selected for each of the five regions, the determining factor being the place of work for at least 5 years, not the nationality of the candidate.
The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community,
- Be actively involved in scientific research,
- Work in any field of the Life and Environmental Sciences mentioned in appendix 1 (links).
For your information, there is no age constraint regarding the candidate.
Scientists around the world are invited to nominate candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards. To be considered eligible for an Award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members. Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Each of the five Laureates will receive an Award of € 100,000.
The Fondation L’Oréal will make the payment of the Award directly to the Laureates a few month after the deliberation and after having received the necessary original documents for the wire transfer of funds.
- Nominations opening date: April 5th 2021
- Nominations closing date: May 31st 2021
- Pre-selection by peer review: early June to early July 2021
- Examination by the Jury: mid-July to early-September 2021
- Jury deliberation meeting: mid-September 2021
- For Women in Science week: March 2022 (to be confirmed)
- For Women in Science Awards Ceremony: March 2022 (to be confirmed)
The selection criteria of the candidates are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the general advancement of science,
- The impact of the candidate's research on the current state of the relevant scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents),
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications,
- The recognition of the candidate’s commitments to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.