A new call for tenders on EU preparedness for health specialists
The European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA) launched a new call for tenders to organise training programmes for health specialists in line with its ambition to rebuild a post-COVID-19 Europe and to provide high support to enable European society to become more healthy, resilient and fair.
HaDEA’s budget is financed through different programmes:
- EU4Health programme: €4.7 billion (out of the total budget of €5.3 billion)
- Horizon Europe: Health (€4.1 billion) – Digital, Industry and Space (€5.6 billion)
- Single Market Programme: Food safety (€1.3 billion)
- Digital Europe Programme: €0.8 billion
- Connecting Europe Facility: Digital: €1.7 billion
The context of the call
This call comes under the EU4Health programme, the fourth and largest one since EU health programmes were set in 2003. EU4Health is now supported by a budget of €5.3 billion for the period 2021-2027. It is based on an ambitious response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but its scope extends to strengthen the resilience of European healthcare systems and contribute to a healthier Europe.
The programme invests in some priorities such as:
- The response to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Actions to tackle cross-border health threats;,
- Europe Beating Cancer Plan;
- The Pharmaceutical Strategy for Europe;
- Digital health, technology and innovation.
Objective of the call
With an total estimated value reaching 5.5 billion euros, the new call set itself the goal of supporting the enhancement of existing pandemic preparedness capacities coupled with a comprehensive and transparent framework for reporting and assessment.
Health specialists working in health sectors and other sectors will be trained on development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national and EU preparedness plans. Training activities aim to ensure the public health surge capacity, focusing on the essential services and involving organisations, contributing to crisis management, including front-line services.
All interested parties can send their applications by 23 September 2022 at 16:00 (CET), on TED eTendering platform.